Saturday, March 24, 2012

Rewind 20 years.  1992.  The year before was overwhelmed with milestones.  1991: The Year That Punk Broke... Nirvana Nevermind...There was Sonic Youth and Dinosaur Jr... Shortly followed by Jane's Addiction, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins... Music was fun, it was rebellion, it was meaningful... it was an escape.  I fell in love with guitars...  Coldplay was there somewhere, but my crowd was so "anti-popularity" that I was influenced to look the other way.  But I found them eventually and that was enough - especially since I did get to see them live and they were everything I imagined they would be.

If you haven't figured it out already, I'm a junkie for music.  In so many forms.  I respect almost every bit of it in some way.  I just wish there was enough time to find all of it - all the best of it.  I feel that I have found some gems and try to share when I can, but does anyone else get it?  Will they see what I saw - can they relate?  That's what makes music great - when you can relate in some way.

Any time I go on these social network sites, etc., when they ask for "musical influences" I'm like, "there's no room and no time to list them all".  All I can hope for is to instill in my children the same open mindedness about music.  From Classical to Jazz to  Big Band to Rock 'N Roll to The Beatles...

 ...and from there.


I love music.

(More of my collection to follow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment